Health Minister announces new suspected case of Congo Fever

Health Minister announces new suspected case of Congo Fever

A case of Congo fever was detected at the Windhoek Central Hospital today.
The male patient is said to have come from Gobabis in the Omahake Region and was admitted to the Central Hospital last Thursday.
Health and Social Services Minister made the announcement at a media conference.
Chief Medical Superintendent at Windhoek Central Hospital, Dr David Uirab says the victim tested negative after running the tests on him on Monday.
It was unfortunate that, upon the arrival of the confirmatory results it showed an absolute positive.
However, Dr Uirab says this is the only confirmed case of Congo Fever in Namibia so far this year and the victim is getting the utmost attention by the medical team on the ground.
In 2017 two people in the Gobabis area died of Congo Fever.