Education Ministry

Education Ministry urged to rethink curriculum phase out

by editor1 / Jan 08, 2020 / 0 comments

-Student Union of Namibia (SUN) has urged the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture to look at some of the factors that will disadvantage all affected parties with the phasing out of the old curriculum.

Education Ministry concerned about the behaviour of examination candidates

by editor1 / Dec 22, 2019 / 0 comments

-The Ministry of Education Arts and Culture says its officials have observed with concern a trend of misbehaviour among examination candidates.

Grade 12 NSSC and Grade 10 results to be released on 20 December

by editor1 / Dec 16, 2019 / 0 comments

-The Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture has announced that good progress has been made with the marking and processing of the examination data and will be able to officially release the provisional Grade 12 (NSSC) Higher Level for full-time and part-time candidates and Grade 10 (JSC) for part-time candidates on 20 December 2019.

Education Ministry spends 70% of its annual budget on salaries

by editor1 / Oct 29, 2019 / 0 comments
Photo credits: 
NAMPA

-70% of the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture's annual budget goes to salaries, and only the remaining 30% goes to school infrastructure development and learning materials.

Education, O&L launch Edulution mobile learning programme

by editor1 / Jul 03, 2019 / 0 comments

The Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture with the support of Ohltaver and List Group launched the Edulution mobile learning programme.

Education Ministry warns against using school premises for political activities

by editor1 / Jun 19, 2019 / 0 comments

-The Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture has warned against the use of school premises for political gatherings, campaigns and fundraising activities.

Education Ministry reports success in phasing out double shift system in primary schools

by editor1 / Jun 11, 2019 / 0 comments

-The Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture is making significant progress in phasing out the double shift system in primary schools.

Education ministry to recruit over 2 000 teachers

by editor1 / Aug 30, 2018 / 0 comments

The Ministry of Education will advertise 2 112 teaching vacancies from Friday until the end of September in various newspapers and digital platforms.

Education Ministry considering changing school start time for winter

by editor1 / Jun 11, 2018 / 0 comments

The Minister of Education Arts and Culture is working on changing the school time to the old winter time to accommodate children who have to walk in the dark to attend school.

Education Minister expresses concern over insensitivity by some tourists

by editor1 / Apr 10, 2018 / 0 comments

The Education Arts and Culture Minister has expressed concern over the insensitivity shown by some tourists to the country's prohibited environments, and their venturing into activities that go against guiding rules for visitors.

Pages