Essau insists there was no quid pro quo for quotas

Essau insists there was no quid pro quo for quotas
Photo credits: 
Nampa

Bernhard Esau, who on Wednesday resigned from his portfolio as Minister of Fisheries and Marine Resources, said in a media statement that he has not been presented with any evidence that suggests that he has received any money in exchange for favours to anyone.
Esau's statement further reads that during his time as minister, no quid pro quo (give or take) promises were made with anyone either through writing or otherwise.
Esau labeled the exposé published in The Namibian newspaper and several other media houses internationally as media campaigns against him, which he says, are now being directed to SWAPO and the canditature of President Hage Geingob.
The former long-serving minister says, "I am not corrupt and will never condone corruption anywhere."
Esau and Justice Minister Sacky Shanghala handed in their resignations to President Geingob on Wednesday following the exposé on kickbacks for fishing quotas published earlier in the day.