Man burns to death in Windhoek shack fire

Man burns to death in Windhoek shack fire
Photo credits: 
Nampa

A 25-year-old man died after the shack he was sleeping in caught fire at the Agste Laan informal settlement in Windhoek on Sunday.
Nampol spokesperson, Chief Inspector Kauna Shikwambi confirmed the incident to Nampa, stating it occurred at 05h00.
It is alleged that the deceased entered his shack, which he also uses as a cuca shop and switched on the gas hotplate to cook something to eat.
He reportedly fell asleep, which caused the pot to burn, resulting in the fire.
The deceased has been identified as Uaumba Kavena and his next of kin have been informed.