Two-year-old dies in Okahandja shack fire

Two-year-old dies in Okahandja shack fire

A two-year-old boy died after a fire gutted their house at Okahandja's Oshetu 1 informal settlement.
At around 11h00 the toddler was playing with matches and started a fire inside the shack.
A mattress caught fire and the toddler was trapped inside, breathing in large volumes of smoke.
According to members of the family, the deceased was trapped inside the shack. They aimlessly ran around in search of water.
But the Oshetu Informal Settlement at Okahandja did not have water today.