One-year-old baby survives shack fire at Walvis Bay

One-year-old baby killed on shack fire at Walvis Bay
Photo credits: 

A one-year-old baby boy from Walvis Bay survived a shack fire, which claimed the life of his father, while leaving the mother with third-degree burns.
The police said the couple was intoxicated when they arrived at their shack at Tutaleni in Walvis Bay on Friday.
They allegedly fell asleep, while the candle was still burning and the shack caught fire.
It remains unclear how the baby miraculously survived the fire.
Both the baby and mother were transferred to the Windhoek State Hospital for medical treatment.
The 34-year-old father, Paulus Hangula, died from his injuries on Saturday.